1. Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that You submit to Us via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when You visit certain parts of the Website and/or when You use certain features of the Website. Details of the Cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Herbotany Health (‘We’ or ‘Us’): B&D2020 Limited t/a Herbotany Health, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12746878 whose registered office is at 5 Yeomans Court, Ware Road, Hertford SG13 7HJ;
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or You: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Us and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Us and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;
Website: this website, www.herbotanyhealth.com, and any sub-domains of this site.
- the singular includes the plural and vice-versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it.
4. Data collected
We may collect the following data, which includes personal data, from You:
- Date of Birth;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
5. Our use of Data
For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, We are the “data controller’:
- We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
- Unless We are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998, for more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data maybe required by Us from time to time in order to provide You with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data maybe used by Us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improvement of our products/services;
- Transmission by email of promotional materials that maybe of interest to You;
- Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such Information may be used to customise or update the Website.
6. Third party websites and services
We may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
7. Links to other websites
8. Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, We will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
9. Controlling use of your Data
Wherever You are required to submit Data, You will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
10. Functionality of the Website
To use all features and functions available on the Website, You may be required to submit certain Data.
11. Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Us (where such Data ls held) on payment of a small fee, of £15.00 + VAT.
Data security is of immense importance to Us and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, You will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, You are enabling Us to provide a better experience and service to You. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies: however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following cookies
They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it, this helps Us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise You when You return to our Website. This enables Us to personalise our content for You, greet You by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser by default. Most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, You may lose any information that enables You to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that You ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that You consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if You are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This policy will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the policy will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Us by email at email@example.com.